Re: [ontolog] Welcome to new members

To: ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Sutton,Sheldon C." <shel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 21:23:50 -0400

Kurt Conrad wrote:    (01)

> Include in your reply a short introductory statement:
>
>    - Provide a brief description of your background
>      (if you have a bio/resume/cv available online, kindly
>      provide us with a link to it.)    (02)

I am an Principal Information Systems Engineer with the MITRE
Corporation with over 30 years experience.  My experience is broad,
having supported US government agencies ranging from the National
Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), Environmental Protection Agency
(EPA), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), National
Cancer Institute, and Department of Defense and associated agencies.
 Currently I am supporting the National Imagery and Mapping Agency
(NIMA) in activities supporting their mission relative to Homeland
Security.    (03)

>    - Describe the personal goals and objectives that are
>      driving your participation in Ontolog     (04)

I hope to gain a better understanding of ontologies and how they can be
used in the information systems that will evolve to support "first
responders" and those that support them in training, planning, and
responding to crises, both natural and man-made.    (05)

>    - List your areas of interest     (06)

See above.    (07)

>    - List any ideas that you have for discussion topics     (08)

I am not prepared to to do so at this time, but I hope to soon.    (09)

                                                        Best regards,    (010)

                                                        Shel Sutton    (011)

--
To post messages mailto:ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
An archive of the [ontolog] forum can be found