Re: [ontolog] Welcome to new members

To: "'ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Schuldt, Ron L" <ron.l.schuldt@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 08:33:53 -0600
Name and contact information:    (01)

Ron Schuldt
Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
11757 W. Ken Caryl Ave.
#F521 Mail Point DC5694
Littleton, CO 80127
303-977-1414
email: ron.l.schuldt@xxxxxxxx    (02)

Background:    (03)

M.S. - Facilities Management 1978
B.S. - Mechanical Engineering 1972    (04)

Active Duty Air Force - Officer 1972-1981
Martin Marietta (now known as Lockheed Martin) - Systems Engineer 1981-1989
- Information Systems Systems Engineer (Data Standards Consultant) -
1989-present    (05)

Co-Chairman of the Aerospace Industries Association (AIA) Electronic
Enterprise Working Group (EEWG)
Chair of the AIA Metadata Harmonization Project - a major project within the
AIA EEWG    (06)

Previously - Chair of the CALS effort that developed the Universal Data
Element Framework (UDEF)
----------------------------------------------------------------------    (07)

Please add me to the list as an observer. Pending the time commitment
required, perhaps later I will request upgrade to member status.    (08)

My interest in this subject is driven by the belief that the Universal Data
Element Framework (UDEF) could be applied to the Ontology discussion and
perhaps become the foundation for the Semantic Web. Although many might
question the notion that any single framework could be robust enough to
handle any data of interest to any enterprise, that is the claim that I make
and I welcome the opportunity to demonstrate/prove it.    (09)

A brief glimpse of the UDEF can be obtained from http://www.udef.com/    (010)

In addition, the attached briefing provides a UDEF Primer. The Primer was
used to conduct UDEF training within the Aerospace Industries Association
(AIA) Metadata Harmonization Project.    (011)

 <<UDEF-Training.ppt>>     (012)

Ronald L. Schuldt
Senior Staff Systems Architect
Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
11757 W. Ken Caryl Ave. #F521 MP DC5694
Littleton, CO 80127
303-977-1414
ron.l.schuldt@xxxxxxxx    (013)