Re: [ontolog] Welcome to new members

To: <ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Marc de Graauw" <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:45:03 +0200
Hi,    (01)

I am Marc de Graauw , I work and live in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, as an
independent IT consultant with over 14 years of experience (see also:
http://www.marcdegraauw.com/).    (02)

My main area of interest is described in my recent XML.COM article
(http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/08/21/topicmapb2b.html): interoperability
between B2B vocabularies. My focus here is on short-term working solutions for
ontology interoperability, in particular enabling human business analysts to
make ontology-to-ontology mappings in a quick, robust and structured manner. I
studied Philosphy of Language long ago, and so there is also a long-term
general interest: the working of natural language and knowledge
representation, both within and without computers. On XML 2001 I presented a
paper on the relevance of Frege and Wittgenstein for problems we encounter in
contemporary B2B applications
(http://www.marcdegraauw.com/files/whatisis.pdf). A relevant general area of
interest is using computers to leverage human intelligence instead of using
humans to leverage computer processing capabilities.    (03)

Cheers, Marc    (04)

--
To post messages mailto:ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
An archive of the [ontolog] forum can be found