[ontolog] New members from CECID

To: ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Thomas Lee <ytlee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 19:11:41 +0800
Hi everyone,    (01)

Patrick Yee and I are from the Center for E-Commerce Infrastructure
Development (CECID) of the University of Hong Kong (www.cecid.hku.hk).
CECID is an R&D Center that develops various XML-based e-commerce
technologies and apply them in the market. Funded by the Hong Kong
Government, CECID has been developing an ebXML infrastructure in Hong
Kong (www.cecid.hku.hk/Activities-pheonix.htm) in its Project Phoenix.
Recently CECID has also launched the freebXML.org Website
(www.freebxml.org) with some international lead ebXML developers to
promote ebXML adoption through opensource software and experience
exchange. Besides, CECID has released an opensource implementation of
ebXML MSH called Hermes (www.freebxml.org/msh.htm) and has contributed
to the OASIS ebxmlrr project to implement an opensource ebXML Registry.    (02)

When we deploy ebXML technology in Hong Kong
(http://www.cecid.hku.hk/Release/XML_Cover_Pages.htm), we need to
customize or create vocabularies to define the documents exchanged
between our enterprise clients. Recently, we have applied ebXML/CC to
develop a vocabulary for Dangerous Goods Manifest based on the EDI
message format and International Maritime Organization recommendations.
The vocabulary is used for the submission of DG Manifests from a number
of pilot shipping companies to HK Government through ebMSv2. And we see
the market demands for interoperable XML vocabularies and the systematic
methodologies for creating them.    (03)

We would like to join the forum as observers to understand more about
the ontology technology and its application for designing good XML
vocabularies. We are definitely newbies in this field. We are open to
contributing our efforts after we have gained more understanding about
this topic.    (04)

Regards,
Thomas    (05)

--
   Thomas Y.T. LEE
   Chief Technology Officer

--
To post messages mailto:ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
An archive of the [ontolog] forum can be found