Re: [ontolog] Welcome to new members

To: ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Adam Pease <apease@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 12:26:57 -0700
Hi Folks,    (01)

>2) Include in your reply a short introductory statement:
>
>    - Provide a brief description of your background
>      (if you have a bio/resume/cv available online, kindly
>      provide us with a link to it.)    (02)

My group works in logic and knowledge based systems.  Our focus currently
is on the Suggested Upper Merged Ontology
<http://ontology.teknowledge.com>: a free, formal upper ontology, expressed
in first order logic, and in DAML.  It has been mapped to all the WordNet
nouns and verbs, several free domain-specific ontologies have been created
from it, an open-source browser is available and format files supplied with
the browser allow logic statements to be presented in both English and
Czech as well as logic.  SUMO has also been subjected to formal consistency
checking with first order logic theorem provers.  My CV is at
<http://projects.teknowledge.com/apease>    (03)

>    - Describe the personal goals and objectives that are
>      driving your participation in Ontolog    (04)

I'm interested in applying ontology to real-world applications and working
with a group of people on common ontology content so application ontologies
are reusable.    (05)

>    - List your areas of interest    (06)

formal ontology content, and it's application    (07)

>    - List any ideas that you have for discussion topics    (08)

What are particular domain ontology content needs that people have?    (09)

Adam    (010)

--
To post messages mailto:ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
An archive of the [ontolog] forum can be found