Re: [ontology-summit] A Powerpoint communique?

To: Nicola Guarino <nicolguar@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ontology Summit 2011 Organizing Committee <ontology-summit-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mills Davis <mdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 11:20:16 -0500
On 3/22/2011 10:46 AM, Nicola Guarino wrote:
> I am in favour of a good paper with nice pictures (taken from
> Powerpoint slides), a kind of "white paper" for making a well-
> motivated position statement.    (01)

We would all love to see (or write) such a paper.    (02)

But as I said earlier, I don't believe that I could honestly
write such a paper about the currently available tools.    (03)

And I wouldn't believe anybody who wrote such a paper unless it was
supported by a convincing set of case studies that demonstrated
solid ROI.    (04)