Re: [ontology-summit] A Powerpoint communique?

To: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ontology Summit 2011 Organizing Committee <ontology-summit-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mills Davis <mdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nicola Guarino <nicolguar@xxxxxxxxx>
From: John Bateman <bateman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:05:27 +0100
Am 23.03.2011 02:55, schrieb John F. Sowa:
> After the Semantic Web came out,
> anybody who wrote a piece of garbage in OWL would say "Six munts
> ago, I cud'nt evun spel ontalajie and now I are one."    (01)

:-)    (02)

sad but oh so true. We are indeed having problems these days
getting proper ontology work funded because the problem
is seen as not even really research: anyone can do it
who can spell ontalajie, why pay for it? This has happened
to some of our work on modular ontology development recently...
So if the communiqué can bring out negative case
studies of why ontalajies don't make it, that would
also be positive (for us).    (03)

(I suggest introducing 'ontalajie' as a technical term! :-)    (04)

John B.    (05)