Re: [ontology-summit] A Powerpoint communique?

To: Nicola Guarino <nicolguar@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ontology Summit 2011 Organizing Committee <ontology-summit-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mills Davis <mdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:55:44 -0500
On 3/22/2011 12:29 PM, Nicola Guarino wrote:
> Well, let's forget writing about currently available tools (boring!...).
> Let's rather talk about currently available ontologies...:-)    (01)

I completely agree with the first sentence.  But I have some misgivings
about the second.    (02)

My complaint about current tools is that the standards for publications
in ontology and knowledge representation were significantly *higher*
in the 1990s than in the 2000s.  After the Semantic Web came out,
anybody who wrote a piece of garbage in OWL would say "Six munts
ago, I cud'nt evun spel ontalajie and now I are one."    (03)