Re: [ontolog-forum] RDF vs. EAR

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 19:02:21 -0500
On 12/7/11 6:22 PM, John F. Sowa wrote:
Please note that I am not condemning XML, which is very useful for
marking up documents.  I have been using the *ML family of languages
since the 1970s.  And I admit that there are useful applications of
XSLT for many purposes.  But processing RDF is *not* one of them.

Yes.

The first weakness of RDF is that somebody has to *parse* RDF/XML.
Nobody except compiler writers parse the language(s) they use.
Can't we now accept that RDF/XML isn't the overarching definition of RDF?  It does have a model distinct from a variety of syntaxes and data serialization formats.

I am sure we can move beyond the initial RDF/XML is RDF confusion from the past. As I've stated repeatedly, RDF/XML no longer has an overarching grip on RDF. Most important of all, it certainly doesn't have any kind of overarching grasp over any incarnation of Linked Data :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO