Re: [ontolog-forum] RDF vs. EAR

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 19:07:35 -0500
On 12/7/11 6:22 PM, John F. Sowa wrote:
> That is why schema.org will destroy RDF/XML.  That day is not far off.
> If the Semantic Web is going to survive, the W3C will have to go to
> Plan B.  At the bottom of this note, I repeat my modest proposal.
RDF/XML imploded a long time ago, it didn't need anything to do that.
Masking the simplicity of the triple was always its fundamental
shortcoming re. comprehension and adoption. It's influence ended at the
dawn of the Linked Open Data era. It's been been an option every since.    (01)

Naturally, the W3C left it hanging around as the default standard for
way too long. That said, these days everyone knows its nothing more than
an optional relic.    (02)

You may find that you are the only one that still brings RDF/XML into
conversations these days with regards to Linked Data and/or the Semantic
Web Project :-)    (03)

Regards,    (05)

Kingsley Idehen
Founder&  CEO