Re: [ontolog-forum] Model or Reality

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Kathryn Blackmond Laskey <klaskey@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 17:58:03 -0400
I have known a few "true believers" who grew to question beliefs they
had once considered unshakeable. In retrospect, they agreed that if
their beliefs had really been all that unshakeable, they wouldn't
have felt such a need to stamp out the opposition.    (01)

It is those whose beliefs are NOT unshakeable, but who WANT them to
be unshakeable because they are afraid of having their worldview
turned upside down, who have a psychological need to  marginalize or
destroy those who don't agree with them.    (02)

Truly unshakeable belief asks only for the opportunity for free and
open investigation and debate.  The truth takes care of the rest.    (03)

K    (04)