Re: [ontolog-forum] Model or Reality (was: Current Semantic Web LayerCak

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Azamat" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 23:16:06 +0300

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kathryn Blackmond Laskey" <klaskey@xxxxxxx>
To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 10:51 PM
Subject: Re: [ontolog-forum] Model or Reality (was: Current Semantic Web
LayerCake)    (01)

> At 10:23 PM +0300 8/6/07, Azamat wrote:
>>The citations of the day:
>>>  As a human, I think that it should be possible to speak of
>>>  one reality, as a computer scientist and engineers I see that it is not
>>>  possible - and in my oppinion never will be possible - to reflect one
>>>  reality in our systems, as all system are based on different
>>>  conceptualizations.
>>
>>Reality is one as its true representation. Otherwise, your will have just
>>defective systems with ''different conceptualizations''.
>
> That reality is one does not imply there is one "true representation"
> of the one reality.
>
>  - Some religious and spiritual traditions teach that there are
> aspects of the reality that cannot be described.    (02)

There are reality and irreality. These traditions are dealing with
unreality; so they hardly ever can be right.    (03)

If they are right,
> then there is no "true representation" of everything, although there
> may be "true representations" of describable aspects of reality.
>
> - There may be different ways to describe the same reality.  One
> obvious example is matrix mechanics and wave mechanics.  They are
> isomorphic representations, but they are not identical.  Matrix
> mechanics represents quantum systems as infinite-dimensional vectors
> of complex numbers. Wave mechanics represents quantum systems as
> waves.    (04)

This is just two complementary aspects of quantum systems, since theoretical
physics is a leading unifying science aiming to establish a single true
representation of all the fundamental forces.    (05)