Re: [ontolog-forum] Opinions on critical thinking (was Model or Reality)

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Gary Berg-Cross" <gary.berg-cross@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 14:03:13 -0400
Duane,    (01)

While Pat didn't use the word "wrong" I'm not sure anyone one else did either.
Here is what the tread said:    (02)

( think it was Chris that said;)
>> Fair enough, though I think that over time the beliefs in question
>> *do* become psychologically unshakeable, as the ability to think
>> critically is lost and one's worldview becomes fixed and ossified.
>> At that point the marginalization or destruction of "nonbelievers" is
>> no longer rooted in a fear of being wrong but rather in a sort of
>> hardwired irrationality.    (03)

Pat replied
> I agree, ....    (04)

I added, in agreement:    (05)

> Almost makes one believe in the idea of modular, independent intelligence
> which is not easily reached by our general, rational ability which is built on
> top of these earlier ones (in an evolutionary sense).    (06)

I hope this was careful enough. :-)    (07)

Gary Berg-Cross, Ph.D.
Spatial Ontology Community of Practice (SOCoP)
http://www.visualknowledge.com/wiki/socop
Executive Secretariat
Semantic Technology
EM&I