Re: [ontolog-forum] Opinions on critical thinking (was Model orReality)

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 12:21:22 -0700
Gary:    (01)

I think we agree on this.  I had said that "it is just an opinion and not
necessarily fact unless you define [term]".  In this case, you have
definitely provided metrics for determining if someone is thinking
critically.     (02)

In ontology worlds, I have always been a pain and criticized things that are
less clear such as the wine example in the Protégé download.  It defines
"best wine" without any metrics which is really an opinion too.  If one
defines the metrics or builds a model whereby it replaces"    (03)

"Wine X is the best wine"    (04)

With    (05)

"Person X stated that Wine X is the best wine"    (06)

Then the distinction holds greater value to me.    (07)

Duane    (08)

On 8/9/07 12:12 PM, "Gary Berg-Cross" <gary.berg-cross@xxxxxxxx> wrote:    (09)

"Speaking only for myself"
Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com