Re: [ontolog-forum] CCTONT work progress

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Monica J. Martin" <Monica.Martin@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:08:52 -0700

>This statement (rule C4 Section 6.1.1) appears to contradict the statement
>that Code.Type "should not be used if the character string identifies an
>instance of an Object Class or an object in the real world" ("Remark" in
>section 8.1). In fact, Codes typically refer to objects in the real world. I
>assume that the ISO 3166 country codes that the document makes reference to
>are Code.Types, and that when the spec says "identifies an object in the real
>world" it means the sort of reference such that "us" means United States and
>"cn" means China, two real world objects.

mm1:  You have to separate a Code. Type and Code (explanation).    (01)

Here are the supplemental components of a Code. Type (CCT, Explanation
and Supplemental Components):    (02)

Code. Type    (03)

Codes    (04)

Code List. Identifier    (05)

Code List. Agency. Identifier    (06)

Code List. Agency Name. Text    (07)

Code List. Name. Text    (08)

Code List. Version. Identifier    (09)

Code. Name. Text    (010)

Language. Identifier    (011)

Code List. Uniform Resource. Identifier    (012)

Code List Scheme. Uniform Resource. Identifier     (013)

Here are a few examples of codes defined in the CCSD (CC primer) where
we had EAN and Boeing input.    (014)

Business Term    (015)

Object Class Qualifier    (016)

Object Class.    (017)

Property Term Qualifier    (018)

Property Term.    (019)

Data Type Qualifier    (020)

Representation Term    (021)

Dictionary Entry Name    (022)

BCC/ACC/BBIE/ABIE/ ASCC/ASBIE    (023)

Semantic Description    (024)

Comments    (025)

Command Code    (026)

Command Code identifies the specific type of telecommunication message
or supplemental information used in (1) updating on-line files, (2)
initiating procurement and quotation actions, and (3) transmitting
inquiry, response and advisory messages.    (027)

Not PO Content Data    (028)

International Currency Code    (029)

International Currency Code specifies the national currency
corresponding to the Unit Price Amount or Repair Price Amount.    (030)

Business Term    (031)

Object Class Qualifier    (032)

Object Class.    (033)

Property Term Qualifier    (034)

Property Term.    (035)

Data Type Qualifier    (036)

Representation Term    (037)

Dictionary Entry Name    (038)

BCC/ACC/BBIE/ABIE/ ASCC/ASBIE    (039)

Semantic Description    (040)

Comments    (041)

Packaging Code    (042)

Aircraft part    (043)

Packaging    (044)

Instruction    (045)

Code    (046)

Aircraft Part_  Packaging. Instruction. Code    (047)

BBIE    (048)

§          revise - A code specifying a packaging instruction for an
aircraft part    (049)

original- Packaging Code specifies the type of container, packaging
requirements or material handling devices to be used when shipping
subject parts per specified Customer Order Number.    (050)

§          Example from ATA:    (051)

§          Reference to ATA SPEC300, Packaging Code defines packing
condition, material, and container for shipping aircraft part.  Specific
condition for aircraft regulation on packaging condition so part will
not bend or contaminated, i.e. "2" = part container is also build when
the part is build.    (052)

Could have more than one BCC    (053)

I've also attached two example code lists from UBL v1.0 and the data
model they used (which you can infer from looking at the .xsd included).
Thanks.    (054)

>I agree with Evan that the Mike Adcock paper doesn't shed any light on how I
>might distinguish a Code from an Identifier. The best I can tell, neither
>does the spec.

mm2: Correct.    (055)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
  Universal Business Language (UBL) Schema 1.0

  Copyright (C) OASIS Open (2004). All Rights Reserved.

  This document and translations of it may be copied and furnished to others,
and
  derivative works that comment on or otherwise explain it or assist in its
  implementation may be prepared, copied, published and distributed, in whole or
  in part, without restriction of any kind, provided that the above copyright
  notice and this paragraph are included on all such copies and derivative
works.
  However, this document itself may not be modified in any way, such as by
  removing the copyright notice or references to OASIS, except as needed for the
  purpose of developing OASIS specifications, in which case the procedures for
  copyrights defined in the OASIS Intellectual Property Rights document must be
  followed, or as required to translate it into languages other than English.

  The limited permissions granted above are perpetual and will not be revoked by
  OASIS or its successors or assigns.

  This document and the information contained herein is provided on an "AS IS"
  basis and OASIS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT
NOT
  LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT
  INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS
FOR
  A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

  For our absent friend, Michael J. Adcock  - il miglior fabbro

  Universal Business Language Specification
      (http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ubl)
  OASIS Open (http://www.oasis-open.org/)

  Document Type:     AcknowledgementResponseCode
  Generated On:      Mon Aug 16 15:12:03 2004
-->
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";

xmlns="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:AcknowledgementResponseCode-1.0"

xmlns:ccts="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CoreComponentParameters-1.0"

targetNamespace="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:AcknowledgementResponseCode-1.0"
    elementFormDefault="qualified"
    attributeFormDefault="unqualified"
    version="1.0">
  <xsd:import
namespace="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CoreComponentParameters-1.0"
 schemaLocation="../common/UBL-CoreComponentParameters-1.0.xsd"/>
  <xsd:simpleType name="AcknowledgementResponseCodeContentType">
    <xsd:restriction base="xsd:normalizedString">
      <xsd:enumeration value="OrderResponse"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="OrderResponseSimple"/>
    </xsd:restriction>
  </xsd:simpleType>
  <xsd:complexType name="AcknowledgementResponseCodeType">
    <xsd:simpleContent>
      <xsd:extension base="AcknowledgementResponseCodeContentType">
        <xsd:attribute name="codeListID" type="xsd:normalizedString"
fixed="Acknowledgement Response" use="optional"/>
        <xsd:attribute name="codeListAgencyID" type="xsd:normalizedString"
fixed="UBL" use="optional"/>
        <xsd:attribute name="codeListAgencyName" type="xsd:string" fixed="OASIS
Universal Business Language" use="optional"/>
        <xsd:attribute name="codeListName" type="xsd:string"
fixed="Acknowledgement Response" use="optional"/>
        <xsd:attribute name="codeListVersionID" type="xsd:normalizedString"
fixed="1.0" use="optional"/>
        <xsd:attribute name="name" type="xsd:string" use="optional"/>
        <xsd:attribute name="languageID" type="xsd:language" fixed="en"
use="optional"/>
        <xsd:attribute name="codeListURI" type="xsd:anyURI" use="optional"/>
        <xsd:attribute name="codeListSchemeURI" type="xsd:anyURI"
fixed="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:AcknowledgementResponseCode-1.0"
 use="optional"/>
      </xsd:extension>
    </xsd:simpleContent>
  </xsd:complexType>
</xsd:schema>
[...]

  Document Type:     PaymentMeansCode
  Generated On:      Mon Aug 16 15:14:52 2004
-->
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
    xmlns="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:PaymentMeansCode-1.0"

xmlns:ccts="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CoreComponentParameters-1.0"

targetNamespace="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:PaymentMeansCode-1.0"
    elementFormDefault="qualified"
    attributeFormDefault="unqualified"
    version="1.0">
  <xsd:import
namespace="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CoreComponentParameters-1.0"
 schemaLocation="../common/UBL-CoreComponentParameters-1.0.xsd"/>
  <xsd:simpleType name="PaymentMeansCodeContentType">
    <xsd:restriction base="xsd:normalizedString">
      <xsd:enumeration value="1"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="2"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="3"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="4"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="5"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="6"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="7"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="8"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="9"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="10"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="11"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="12"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="13"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="14"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="15"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="16"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="17"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="18"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="19"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="20"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="21"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="22"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="23"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="24"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="25"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="26"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="27"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="28"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="29"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="30"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="31"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="32"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="33"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="34"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="35"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="36"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="37"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="38"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="39"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="40"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="41"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="42"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="43"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="44"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="45"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="46"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="47"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="48"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="49"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="50"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="51"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="52"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="53"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="60"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="61"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="62"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="63"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="64"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="65"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="66"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="67"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="70"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="74"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="75"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="76"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="77"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="78"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="91"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="92"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="93"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="94"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="95"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="96"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="97"/>
      <xsd:enumeration value="ZZZ"/>
    </xsd:restriction>
  </xsd:simpleType>
  <xsd:complexType name="PaymentMeansCodeType">
    <xsd:simpleContent>
      <xsd:extension base="PaymentMeansCodeContentType">
        <xsd:attribute name="codeListID" type="xsd:normalizedString"
fixed="UN/ECE 4461" use="optional"/>
        <xsd:attribute name="codeListAgencyID" type="xsd:normalizedString"
fixed="6" use="optional"/>
        <xsd:attribute name="codeListAgencyName" type="xsd:string"
fixed="United Nations Economic Commission for Europe" use="optional"/>
        <xsd:attribute name="codeListName" type="xsd:string" fixed="Payment
Means" use="optional"/>
        <xsd:attribute name="codeListVersionID" type="xsd:normalizedString"
fixed="D03A" use="optional"/>
        <xsd:attribute name="name" type="xsd:string" use="optional"/>
        <xsd:attribute name="languageID" type="xsd:language" use="optional"/>
        <xsd:attribute name="codeListURI" type="xsd:anyURI"
fixed="http://www.unece.org/trade/untdid/d03a/tred/tred4461.htm";
use="optional"/>
        <xsd:attribute name="codeListSchemeURI" type="xsd:anyURI"
fixed="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:PaymentMeansCode-1.0"
use="optional"/>
      </xsd:extension>
    </xsd:simpleContent>
  </xsd:complexType>