Re: [ontolog-forum] CCTONT work progress

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Denno <peter.denno@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:06:06 -0400
Hi Adam,    (01)

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 15:50, Adam Pease wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>    Since Entity is the top class of all things, the referent of the
> ContentBearingObject need not be a real world object.  It can be anything
> real or imagined.    (02)

Agreed.     (03)

My point is that to model the restriction stated in the definition of Code
Type, that Code Type should not be used to identify an object in the real
world, the referent ought to be an &%Attribute or maybe &%Abstract (Which one
I'm not sure. I'm struggling a bit with my understanding of SUMO).    (04)

Abstract = Properties or qualities as distinguished from any particular
embodiment of the properties/qualities in a physical medium.    (05)

--
Best Regards,
- Peter     (06)

Peter Denno
National Institute of Standards and Technology,
Manufacturing System Integration Division,
100 Bureau Drive, Mail Stop 8260             Tel: +1 301-975-3595
Gaithersburg, MD, USA 20899-8260             FAX: +1 301-975-4694