Re: [ontolog-forum] knowledge base and DBs

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 21:19:45 -0000
Dear David,
You use categories, logic and rules in databases too. What is the type of
sale? What is the maximum credit a client is allowed?    (01)

A knowledge base does not need to be a collection of singletons, and
generally is not. I expect a knowledge base to have a lot of classification
and whole-part relationships, but you might think of them more in relation
to what the whole-part relations were between rather than as a separate
collection with the same structure relating different things. It is just
that with a knowledge base you do not need to think about these things
before you start, with a database you do.    (02)

Regards    (03)

Matthew West
Information  Junction
Mobile: +44 750 3385279
Skype: dr.matthew.west
matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.informationjunction.co.uk/
https://www.matthew-west.org.uk/
This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in England
and Wales No. 6632177.
Registered office: 8 Ennismore Close, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire,
SG6 2SU.    (04)