Re: [ontolog-forum] semantics of the mKR language

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:58:22 -0700
Paola,    (01)

I just wanted to let you know that I am not planning to argue with you
on this list ... not because you are right, but because history shows
that this could degenerate into exchanges that are counterproductive
to the purpose of this forum (which I do care, and you, seemingly
don't.) Therefore, if you expect a response, please write me offline.    (02)

Let it be known that I actually work in the US and am not even a
potential beneficiary of EU project funding. However, as always, I
have a lot of respect for people who do good work, and have often
invited them to come share their work and insight with this community.
Some NeOn project researchers and their work just happens to have been
among them.    (03)

By the way, good research (especially those of a basic nature) does
not necessarily aim at being immediately "useful." If DARPA did not
fund the ARPANET work (first two nodes of which connected back in
1969), we would not have the Internet and the Web as we know it now
(or, at least, since the early 1990's.)    (04)

Regards.  =ppy