Re: [ontolog-forum] semantics of the mKR language

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 14:23:27 -0500

On Apr 17, 2009, at 9:58 AM, Azamat wrote:    (01)

> Somebody missed his home-made project of conceptual standards, and
> now in a
> very very low mood.    (02)

Interesting diagnosis. In fact I am in a low mood, but one engendered
by the death of a close friend, and hence reflecting on how best to
use what time I myself have left. And arguing with ignorance isn't it.    (03)

> Many big minds were autodidacts:    (04)

True. I have been waiting for someone to point this out. The obvious
response, however, is that not all autodidacts are great minds. The
number of uninformed, cranky, self-opinionated and just plain crazy
autodidacts overwhelms the very few who have been geniuses. (Myself, I
love most the ones on the edge, who were both geniuses AND cranky,
crazy people, such as CS Pierce and Nikolas Tesla; but those are even
less common than the great minds.)    (05)

Pat    (06)