Re: [ontolog-forum] NeOn projct goals

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Enrico Motta <e.motta@xxxxxxxxxx>, "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: John Graybeal <graybeal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 21:50:37 -0700
There were several requests to Azamat to desist from his line of
questions.  While I appreciate that there were delicate matters there,
I was actually hoping that some of these questions (the last three, in
particular) would be addressed in subsequent communications from the
NeOn community and others.    (01)

If there is something offensive in these questions I apologize for
missing it.  Otherwise, it seems like a good opportunity for the forum
to understand a little more the vision and conclusions of NeOn.    (02)

I should note that I've spent some hours with the NeOn site (and have
heard NeOn presentations to the telecons), and benefited greatly from
the site and talking to its leaders. I consider the site a treasure
trove. But it is not treasure that I have had time to explore in any
depth, let alone boil down into the most relevant results.  If it's
possible to sum up the progress and conclusions of the NeOn project in
this context (or give a reference to a document that does the same),
that seems to precisely address the charter of this forum, as I read it.    (03)

Thus, I support Ron Wheeler's observations. Please let us know how we
can pursue greater understanding in a more charter-agreeable way?
Thanks.    (04)

John    (05)

On Apr 1, 2009, at 10:21 AM, Azamat wrote:    (06)