Re: [ontolog-forum] NeOn projct goals

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Enrico Motta <e.motta@xxxxxxxxxx>, "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Azamat" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 20:21:43 +0300
 Stefano,
Thanks for your clarifications.
The user always wonders what theory is embeded into the tools., before using
or discarding them.
I've visited the site before mentioning the project, looking up into their
deliverables,
http://www.neon-project.org/web-content/index.php?option=com_weblinks&view=category&id=17&Itemid=73
 .
The contents look dispersed and raw; wonder if any white paper. And the
principal issue of the whole research is rather unclear, the rationale and
methodology. Here is the passage from the site:
http://www.neon-project.org/web-content/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23&Itemid=23
"In NeOn, we see several dimensions, in which the existing single-ontology
style of work need to be enriched:  a.. Managing the dynamics and evolution
of ontologies...;  b.. Providing support for collaborative development of
networked ontologies...;  c.. Facilitating ...;  d.. Improving means for
human-ontology interactions..."
Which "single-ontology style"  is it aimed to enhance, if any?
Next, it is said that [Ontology networks are defined as a collection of
ontologies (called networked ontologies) that are related through a variety
of different relationships such as mapping, modularization, version, and
dependency].
Then how you are going to collect domain ontologies, as a assortment, a
library or as an integrated system?
Where are your planning to place upper ontologies?
Lats not least, how the networked ontologies are related with the standard
ontology system of top classes and meanings, what this forum is trying to
find out? Thanks.    (01)

Azamat Abdoullaev
http://www.eis.com.cy    (02)