Re: [ontolog-forum] An Ontology Modeling Different Age Groups

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 23:05:14 -0700
Mike & Randall
Please delete "in the same sense" from my remark.
I was trying to clarify the "part" concept by giving
another example of a part.  I think the resulting
comparison of "kidney" and "fetus" was somewhat
helpful, but it clearly distracted us from persuing
the original discussion of a "fetus".    (01)

I concede that calling the fetus a part of the mother
does not resolve all the questions concerning the
legal and moral status of the fetus.    (02)

Dick