Re: [ontolog-forum] An Ontology Modeling Different Age Groups

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Bennett <mbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 06:53:19 +0000
"In the same sense" was an important part of your remark because it
showed precisely where the gap in your thinking was. I'm not the least
bit interested in foetuses.    (01)

We all make assumptions about how something obvious to ourselves is
obvious to all. In my humble opinion part of the art of mapping out an
ontology is to challenge those assumptions by settling on one or another
formal definition of something, even something as innocent sounding as
"is a part of", so that all people, machines etc. that use that
particular formalism really do mean the same thing by it. Otherwise we
are just fooling ourselves - you can do that perfectly well with
computer program and database developers.    (02)

Mike    (03)

--
Mike Bennett
Director