Re: [ontolog-forum] standard ontology

To: <edbark@xxxxxxxx>, "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Patrick Cassidy" <pat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:12:08 -0500

> Patrick Cassidy wrote:
>
> > What do you think that people *would* use that would provide them
> accurate
> > semantic interoperability?
>
> The ontology they developed.
>
> -Ed
>
> --
> Edward J. Barkmeyer                        Email: edbark@xxxxxxxx
[[PC]] If that is the case, then you are asserting that the only people who
would use a FO for interoperability are those who participate in its
development.  I agree that that is what is true **at the present time**, and
that is the reason that a user community can only be developed quickly by
funding it.  Over time, after publicly available applications demonstrate
its utility, I would then expect it to attract users who did not participate
in its development.    (01)

Without funding an FO community, I expect we will get a widely used FO
eventually, but only after having wasted many billions in efficiency loss,
and spent even more than 30M trying less functional alternatives.    (02)

Pat    (03)

Patrick Cassidy
MICRA, Inc.
908-561-3416