Re: [ontolog-forum] standard ontology

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:25:37 -0800
Hi Don,    (01)

Agreed.  Commercial use of an ontology would have to pay for itself in a
short term scenario - two quarters sounds a tiny bit fast, but probably
within a one fiscal year budget, or at most a two fiscal year budget.      (02)

That is why I favor a very small ontology like Ian's FO, even without the
axioms (especially without the axioms to begin with).  Once people are able
to identify the fundamental objects within a database in a standardized way,
they will be able to track financial gain from using OE on an incremental
basis, so next quarter maybe we can add valuable function X at a cost of Y
due to use of a SLIGHTLY expanded ontology.      (03)

Its much easier to propose and manage small projects than large ones.  A
small and simple fundamental ontology would make that easier to justify.      (04)

-Rich    (05)

Sincerely,
Rich Cooper
EnglishLogicKernel.com
Rich AT EnglishLogicKernel DOT com    (06)