Re: [ontolog-forum] brainwaves (WAS: to concept or not to concept, is th

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "clynch" <clynch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 20:44:13 -0800
PDM,    (01)

If you had ever seen a human brain in situ or on a dissecting plate and
looked at a section of the amygdala under an electron microscope, I doubt
you would have your opinion that the brain "should be studied as a whole".
This is like studying an orange seed from the outside of an unpeeled orange
or deducing behavior of an electron by looking at a piece of wood, only more
limiting.    (02)

>From the discussions I have seen posted, I cannot deduce your area of
expertise, but one of mine is medicine and neuroendocrinology, and I assure
you are incorrect in this instance.    (03)

Cecil Lynch    (04)