Re: [ontolog-forum] brainwaves (WAS: to concept or not to concept, is th

To: "Pat Hayes" <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:03:46 +0700
Pat    (01)

right observation    (03)

( from relative ignorance - this is not my direct field so I don't
have the literature at hand darn)
and following up on an earlier post which said there are no brainwaves    (04)

I guess it depends on 'classification'    (05)

(ontology for the brain link?)    (06)

brain activity
frequency
signal
wave
neural path
other motion that can be detected?    (07)

define and establish the relationships between them
then we talk again    (08)

1) according to commonly cited classification (I studied psychology
one year), there are brainwaves and they have also names
(alpha, beta etc)
http://www.web-us.com/brainwavesfunction.htm
They have been studied to some extent, but the subject may be more
interdisciplinary than research is prepared to stretch to (personal
view)    (09)

2) Again, I am working on something else now but
here is the reasoning    (010)

>get definition and measurement for 'neural path' (my springerlink is
not responding)
>>compare with definition and measurement for for brainwave as above
>>> establish correlation, if any    (011)

My entire speculative and relative ignorant guess is that the wave is
a spatial representation of
some electrical signal    (012)

correct me please
pdm    (013)