Re: [ontolog-forum] Current Semantic Web Layer pizza (was ckae)

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Schiffel, Jeffrey A" <jeffrey.a.schiffel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 17:21:30 -0500

Jay Halcomb wrote:
> Queries: When does one not hear the Cage piece? Does a deaf
> person hear the
> piece? Does a person in another city hear it?  Someone
> asleep? How many
> times does one hear the piece during a lifetime? When does a
> performance of
> the piece begin and end? What is the sound of one hand clapping?    (02)

I just looked at my watch for 4 min 33 sec. I did not hear John Cage
music.     (03)

Two measures of rest in a symphony is an architectonic feature of the
symphonic movement. Case in point: Mahler, in the first movement of the
second symphony has a moment where no one plays. The composer's intent
was to let the hall play. There is a considerable reverberation apparent
(and for what it is worth, he had a certain hall in mind in Vienna. In
Wichita, the hall reverberates a quarter tone low).    (04)

-- Jeff Schiffel    (05)