Re: [ontolog-forum] Current Semantic Web Layer pizza (was ckae)

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 13:42:05 -0400
Duane,    (01)

What you did seems very interesting, but I don't think it
accomplished what I was talking about.    (02)

JFS>> But a shift of a frequency, even a quarter tone, is
 >> *extremely* difficult to do without very sophisticated
 >> equipment.  I do not believe that any music hall could
 >> accomplish that transformation by ordinary acoustic means.    (03)

DN> I can produce this on a didgeridu by modulating an overtone
 > to the point the base tone and overtone collide and create a new
 > frequency.  It is not an easy technique to master.
 >
 > Listen to this track (feel free to download and keep if you want).
 > The modulation varies extensivley:    (04)

What the hall was supposed to be doing is to take a sound from
an independent source (such as a musical instrument) and echo
it a quarter tone lower.    (05)

But I gather that you produced two separate sounds that were very
close together -- thereby creating a beat frequency (X-Y), where X
was the frequency of one sound and Y was the frequency of the other.    (06)

By the way, that URL points to a web page:    (07)

    http://www.mix2r.com/node/361    (08)

But I couldn't find the actual sound track.  What is its URL?    (09)