Re: [ontolog-forum] Current Semantic Web Layer pizza (was ckae)

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 14:38:06 -0700
On Thursday 06 September 2007 14:15, Schiffel, Jeffrey A wrote:
> The walls consist of half-circular columns, floor to ceiling.
> Compared to other halls, the walls are hard and reflective. Sound is
> reflected in many directions.    (01)

Outside of anechoic chambers, that's always true. But nothing about
static geometry can change the pitch of sound. Least of all when the
surfaces are inelastic. John was right. It is inherently a non-linear
process. Simple hard surfaces can hardly be expected to exhibit such
active characteristics, regardless of their shape.    (02)

> The trained ear hears reverberation a quarter tone tone low. I doubt
> it is a pschological phenomenon.     (03)

All I can say is: Prove it! Prove it using non-human sound-generating
and measuring instruments.    (04)

> -- Jeff    (05)

Randall Schulz    (06)