Re: [ontolog-forum] glossary of ontology terminology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 06:54:20 -0700
Paola,    (01)

> [PDM]  Peter, thanks a lot for the links. it looks like a lot of stuff
> there, but I did not find is the link to a page listing the existing
> resources, something immediately usable
>
>  list 1. denise
>  list 2  patricks
>  etc    (02)

[ppy]  Don't quite understand you here (I thought PatCassidy gave you
his link too) .
By the way, did you try "searching" (googling) for what you need via
the search box at http://ontolog.cim3.net ?
Note: PatCassidy's ONTAC-WG work (ref:
http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologyTaxonomyCoordinatingWG)
work is independent of ONTOLOG. However, since they are hosted within
the CIM3.NET infrastructure also, they would show up too, if you
select the "Search cim3.net" radio button (rather than just making the
default "Search ontolog.cim3.net" search.)    (03)

I just tried searching for the word "glossary" there, and got the
following number of hits:    (04)

  282     - Search cim3.net
  1,370  - Search ontolog.cim3.net
  133,000,000 - Search the Web    (05)

... have fun!    (06)

> [PDM]  do you need me to help compile one?    (07)

[ppy]  #133,000,001? :-) ... Sure, iff you think it will be of value
to the community. In the Ontolog context, I do suggest your making an
attempt to join that with relevant ongoing efforts (like the
OntologTaxoThesaurus project.)  ... Fyi, KenBaclawski is joining the
TaxoThesaurus team too, and we'll also be exploring how to leverage
the OntologySummit2007 survey inputs during the Thursday call.    (08)

Regards.  =ppy