Re: [ontolog-forum] glossary of ontology terminology

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: dbedford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:21:40 -0400
Bill and Paola,    (01)

A glossary can typically have many different definitions and meanings for the
same entry, and each term and definition can be contextualized.   The glossary
could be both inclusive and distinguishing.   I'm involved in a project to
develop an inclusive glossary of economic development - perhaps a bit more
extensive, more controversial and with potentially more significant impacts than
a glossary of ontology terminology.    (02)

The reason that I like Paola's idea is that it will provide a practical, stable
source to help people see these issues, to make their contributions and review
others'.   In fact, I think it would be helpful to use some of the 'ontology'
related categories that were proposed/reviewed last year to help contextualize
the glossary entries.    (03)

Best regards,
Denise    (04)