Re: [ontolog-forum] glossary of ontology terminology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:48:46 -0700
> [PDM]  Peter, is there a formal way of setting up this initiative with this
>group?    (01)

[ppy]  Yes.  See: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidK    (02)

That said, we should be careful NOT to duplicate existing effort ...
whether it's within Ontolog, or outside. ... I would be surprised if
some serious effort ref. the latter doesn't already exist.    (03)

Within Ontolog, too, we already have an "Ontologizing Ontolog"
initiative - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologizingOntolog
... within which there is the TaxoThesaurus Project which BobSmith &
DeniseBedford are championing - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologTaxoThesaurus    (04)

In fact, that team is doing a project review and update this Thursday
(see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_06_21
) after their break.    (05)

Paola, you might consider joining the call to see if there is a need
for a deparate effort.    (06)

Regards.  =ppy