[oor-forum] What are our next steps?

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Farrukh Najmi <farrukh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 12:08:43 -0500
Duane Nickull wrote:
> Cheers (and beers).  What are our next steps?
>       (01)

IMHO, The first issue that needs to be settled before we go much farther
is how is all this going to be funded and who will be the sponsors.
Without funding from sponsors we are unlikely to get the time commitment
from folks necessary to make this a success.    (02)

Assuming we have sponsors and funding we can then engage on several
fronts in smaller sub-teams. The Use Cases and requirements are likely
to be the first two tasks and these are likely to be serial and involve
the larger group. Beyond those we can make more parallel progress in
smaller teams on Architecture, Standards, Technologies and implementation.    (03)

What do other colleagues think?    (04)

--
Regards,
Farrukh Najmi    (05)