Re: [oor-forum] Defining "Ontology Repository" (maybe "OntologyRegistry"

To: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 09:39:11 -0800
Duane,    (01)

I assume you problem with (A) was that notion of a "federated"
repository is left out in the definition.    (02)

In fact. "federated" has already been incorporated into the OOR
Mission Statement
(see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository#nid17YN
) from the group's 2001.01.03 meeting discussions (ref.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_01_03 ).    (03)

If I remember correctly, "federated" was left out, by choice (during
the Jan-23 meeting discussion), from the definition (A) which leaves a
repository to be either centralized, distributed, federated, etc.    (04)

We have got to remember that we are defining "ontology repository" her
and not declaring the OOR mission -- which we have already done with
the OOR Mission Statement/Charter.    (05)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy