Re: [ontology-summit] Point-of-view was Re: [Making the Case] Elevator P

To: "'Ontology Summit 2011 discussion'" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 08:57:13 -0000

Dear Anders,

Well I’m not going to say it is a hard and fast rule, but establishing identity is pretty much the first thing I would attempt to do when analysing any situation. Mostly because it is (in my experience) the most efficient way to proceed.

In the sort of cases you are talking about here, I would want to know whether the different perspectives were indeed different, or not, and what it was they were different perspectives of.

Regards

Matthew West

Information  Junction

Tel: +44 560 302 3685

Mobile: +44 750 3385279

Skype: dr.matthew.west

matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.informationjunction.co.uk/

http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/

This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in England and Wales No. 6632177.

Registered office: 2 Brookside, Meadow Way, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, SG6 3JE.