Re: [ontology-summit] [Making the Case] Elevator Pitch

To: Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Anders Tell <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 19:37:28 +0100

On Jan 29, 2011, at 6:03 PM, Pavithra wrote:

I have two thing for sound bites.. a not so formal one, and  formal one..

"With Ontology say the same thing, mean the same thing, process the same thing, everywhere"

I wonder do we really need this? If we examine the situation a little closer then reasons for variability appears.
A few examples:
  Legislation forces different point of views across border and inside countries.
  Product: there a quite a few work perspective that view Product differently from different point-of-view and so it is likely to be. The need for specialization of work perspectives seems to be inevitable in larger organizations.
 ... more than 10+ major reasons for large scale variability can easily be found.

/anders
Anders W. Tell