Re: [ontology-summit] Point-of-view was Re: [Making the Case]Elevator Pi

To: "'Ontology Summit 2011 discussion'" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Brian K Lucas" <lucasb@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 09:48:01 -0500
I have a colleague who says this in a simple way: "If you label something, you can interact with it intentionally."  "Label" is the same as identify.  I agree with Matthew that until you describe what "it" is, it's hard to interact with someone else at the same level of abstraction.

This same friend says "Language and symbols either unite or divide, there is no in-between."  You can see this principle in action every time 2 people talk (or email ;=)

Brian K. Lucas
Sponsor, Worldwide Institute for Organization Ontologics
'       +1.610.308.9027
,       lucasb@xxxxxxxx
Skype:  brian_k_lucas