Re: [ontolog-forum] Sabotaging a communication system is not a new idea

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 10:02:54 -0800

To answer my own question, here is an org that is trying to represent a model of the worm:

http://blog.openworm.org/post/102934717480/neurokernel-call-to-women-and-more-in-this-weeks

Openworm.org is the repository for all kinds of open source software that might be useful, in the org’s opinions, to modeling the worm.

Interestingly, neurons account for one third of the total, and they are equally divided into sensory neurons, motor neurons, and what they call “interneurons” which have paths for reflexes as known so far.  So the worm is capable of reflexes, but if it has any higher level of thought, it would be in the network of interneurons which can be mapped onto the connectome.  But the map is static while behavior is dynamic, so actual case histories of stimulus and response would have to be kept to make higher level progress in the simulation.

-Rich

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper

EnglishLogicKernel.com