Re: [ontolog-forum] Sabotaging a communication system is not a new idea

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Eddy <deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 17:44:48 -0500
John -

On Nov 17, 2014, at 2:42 PM, John Bottoms <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It is unfortunate that there were no historians around when the Web was created. There is material on the technology of ALOHAnet which later was used in the development of ARPAnet.
My IP address was published in the printed “telephone” book of Internet addresses in 1972 when I was writing image processing code for spy satellites. The code was run on Illiac IV which I downloaded via Telnet to the Illiac disks. I later became the chief communications architect of the TCP/IP network later known as
Global Command and Control System, designed to handle Top Secret traffic. Therefore, I am as likely a historian as any on early TCP work, and I try to be objective in recounting the history.

Hot damn!

You never offered that in so many words.

I guess I'd better start practicing my historians interviewing skills on you.

The folks I began with—my father's generation—tended to look over both shoulders & then say: "Well... I guess J Edgar Hoover is dead now... I can talk."

David Eddy
Babson Park, MA

W: 781-455-0949