Re: [ontolog-forum] Sabotaging a communication system is not a new idea

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Brunnbauer <brunni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 19:10:15 +0100

Hello Rich,    (01)

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 09:50:40AM -0800, Rich Cooper wrote:
> However, nobody (as far as I know) has ever try to
> simulate C. Elegans nervous system. ¿Why?    (02)

I think this has been tried for decades. Here is the latest serious attempt:    (03)

 http://www.openworm.org/    (04)

If I remember right, the problem is that the connectome does not include
synapic strength and other important details and that you have to simulate
body and environment in great detail too to get the right inputs and test the
simulation. The chemistry and physics matters - especially with only 302
neurons.    (05)

And here is a more rough approach - but with an actual simulation:    (06)

http://www.i-programmer.info/news/105-artificial-intelligence/7985-a-worms-mind-in-a-lego-body.html    (07)

> That seems like a significant comment.  Why indeed
> would there be efforts to go to bigger brains when
> the c. Elegans connectome provides a way to
> develop simulations as theories of how the
> connectome works.      (08)

Indeed    (09)

Regards,    (010)

Michael Brunnbauer    (011)