Re: [ontolog-forum] semantics of the mKR language

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:24:07 -0700
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:04 AM
Subject: Re: [ontolog-forum] semantics of the mKR language    (01)

> In fact, the papers I wrote have recommended Dunn's semantics,
> which replaces possible worlds by collections of laws and facts.
> I talk about possible worlds because there are many people who
> have used that formal approach, and it's necessary to show the
> connections.    (02)

I remember your recent email re: Dunn, and
your "Ways of mapping possible worlds to contexts"
in "Knowledge Representation".
I have not read any of your papers on Dunn.    (03)

I might endorse the "laws and facts" approach.
But mKR is a language that combines
Context theory and Situation theory.
I don't know if you think that Context theory
has its own acceptable form of Semantics.    (04)

I browsed Amazon.com and bought four Tarski books
and two Barwise & Etchemendy books last year.
But I have only skimmed very quickly through them.
They have not reached the top of my to-do list.    (05)

Dick    (06)