Re: [ontolog-forum] brainwaves (WAS: to concept or not to concept, is th

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:42:06 +0700
Deborah

I cannot respond extensively  cause I am on deadline for the next few weeks
but briefly, before it goes:

Its not so easy to capture a connection from one brain to another no matter where they are because the meat of it may be too fleeting, big, or hard to document in standardized formats.

>>.are you suggesting we develop a new property called brain density? That would indeed be interesting, and in fact it could show
why E' was more intelligent, he seems to have more glue in there than the average,

What is missing today, in my limited view, is what about collective brainwaves? What can be documented and measured there?

probably no more than individuals brainwaves can be collected and measured

This is also related to what Antoinette wrote earlier. The fact that we cannot observe or measure something does not mean
that it does not exist, ( ike PatH would perhaps believe) but that we have not yet developed the technology and techniques to observe
and measure them.

PDM

I put this response here instead of the existentialism branch because the issue has to do with the real world. There is an election coming up, policies will change. There are emergencies that require organized responses. There is a motherload of historical work being digitized and a total change in media for contemporary delivery - every facet of every thing that one brain might make, be recorded and distributed in some fashion in the hopes another might be interested in has to move on from one person or machine directly interfacing to bigger geometry because one to one is unsolvable...or why bother to solve it, it would just be between those two that got it. Ontologies are the new poems maybe.

Deborah

Deborah L. MacPherson
Projects Director, Accuracy&Aesthetics
Specifier, WDG Architecture PLLC