Re: [ontolog-forum] Current Semantic Web Layer pizza (was ckae)

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Azamat" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 19:20:58 +0300
John,
You are too diplomatic, like a wise politician. It is good when one is
politic and polite, but we try to do science here, questing after
ontological truths, and thus must be truthful.
If to be so frank, I am inclined to agree with a confidential opinion of one
of the architects of the SUO concept:
''...there are way too many people who just like to hear themselves talk,
who consider themselves experts, who have no
experience in ontology, but feel compelled to participate in the
discussion.''    (01)

Although being members, many good minds, capable to critically contribute,
keep distance from any active debate. Instead, you have to read funny
musings on silence in music, etc., served by the same folk.
It looks we need to radically upgrade the level of our discussions to meet
the requirements of the OntoForum.
Or, I encourage to pay more attention to Jim's effort to renew the SUO's
listing, which had made an essential contribution to the standard ontology
subject, regardless PY is doing the best job possible.    (02)

Azamat Abdoullaev    (03)