Re: [ontolog-forum] {Disarmed} Re: OWL and lack of identifiers

To: "Peter F Brown" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 10:44:36 -0700
>I think most mortals using common sense would
>have no difficulty in making the distinction
>between an opinion and a statement of fact.    (01)

I agree.    (02)

>The fact that seasoned logicians seem to have    (03)

Actually I don't think they (we) do...    (04)

>augers very badly (and thankfully) for any
>future for so-called "artificial intelligence"
>;-)    (05)

Can't see the connection to AI, myself. But whatever.    (06)

BTW, you might be amused to discover how much AI
is already included in ordinary technology: truck
braking systems, digital cameras, ATM machines,
etc.. AI systems check your credit rating and
make informed (and surprisingly inteliigent)
guesses about whether or not your credit card was
stolen recently. Its not so-called, its already
here.    (07)

Pat    (08)

>Peter

IHMC            (850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.    (850)202 4416   office
phayesAT-SIGNihmc.us       http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes    (010)