Re: [ontolog-forum] {Disarmed} Re: OWL and lack of identifiers

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 19:41:19 -0400
Wacek,    (01)

That is clearly an objective statement about somebody's
subjective opinion:    (02)

 > It sounds as if my saying 'the earth is flat' were
 > an objective statement, while 'i think that the earth
 > is flat' were a subjective statement.  Is my saying
 > 'she says the earth is flat' an objective or a
 > subjective statement?    (03)

In fact, journalists take advantage of that loophole:    (04)

  1. Opinions in a newspaper are supposed to be confined
     to the editorial pages.    (05)

  2. The news pages are supposed to be objective.    (06)

  3. But the news pages can contain quotations by
     politicians who state their opinions.    (07)

  4. Therefore, journalists can claim objectivity while
     biasing their reporting by their choice of quotations.    (08)