Re: [ontolog-forum] {Disarmed} Re: OWL and lack of identifiers

To: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Ontolog Forum <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Waclaw Kusnierczyk <Waclaw.Marcin.Kusnierczyk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 10:50:34 +0200

Pat Hayes wrote:

>> It sounds as if my saying 'the earth is flat' were an objective
>> statement, while 'i think that the earth is flat' were a subjective
>> statement.  Is my saying 'she says the earth is flat' an objective or a
>> subjective statement?
>
> Objective, in that it asserts something about what she said.    (01)

good.  then if someone has some opinion, and i make a statement about
that opinion, is it an objective or a subjective statement?  'about that
opinion' is to say the statement is 'her opinion is that the earth is
flat', rather than 'according to her opinion the earth is flat' or 'she
holds the opinion that the earth is flat' -- so that the opinion is the
subject of the statement?    (02)

vQ    (03)