Re: [ontolog-forum] {Disarmed} Re: OWL and lack of identifiers

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 18:59:03 -0400
I just want to reiterate that I completely support
Chris Menzel's technical points about mathematics,
logic, set theory, Gödel's theorem(s), etc.    (01)

I also agree with Chris that those issues are distinct
from metaphysical questions about the nature of reality
(whatever that may be), psychological questions about
how people think, anthropological issues about cultures,
evolutionary issues about how all or any of this came
about, etc.    (02)

Unfortunately, most of them are also distinct from the
practical problems of developing and using ontologies
that concern most subscribers to this forum.    (03)

John Sowa    (04)