Re: [ontolog-forum] the case for an open research group

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Rex Brooks <rexb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 06:28:08 -0800
Hi John,    (01)

I would like to have a copy of the Spatial Cognition and Computation
paper. It has been my thinking for some while now that the major
upper ontologies each carve out a more or less specialized focus
within the spectrum of knowledge representation and logical
expression and I hope that the area of Spatial Cognition rates
inclusion because I happen to think it as fundamental as the other
upper level classification systems.    (02)

Regards,
Rex    (03)

At 4:54 PM +0100 1/17/07, John A. Bateman wrote:
>Hi Deborah,
>

>>  Any recommendations on ontologies made to span across and connect
>>  disciplines using each areas own sets of standards?
>
>I think this overlaps a lot with other issues of ontological
>mediation and should definitely form an important strand of
>the discussions leading up to the Ontolog Summit. Mediating
>ontologies was a topic last year and I don't think that it
>has all been solved in the meantime! :-)
>
>We are developing logic-based ontology mediation in Bremen:
>there is a long long haul before we will be ready to go
>into anything like industrial scale application though.
>
>We have a paper coming out in Spatial Cognition and
>Computation that describes our approach with simple
>(some might say simplistic) examples, which I can send
>to anyone who is interested.
>
>John B.

Rex Brooks
President, CEO