Re: [ontology-summit] First Model Bench Challenge

To: Ontology Summit 2012 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 18:28:00 +0000
I agree, John. I've always considered "speech acts" part of formal pragmatics,
i.e., rhetoric more generally. We do talk of a semantic-pragmatic spectrum for
meaning, but the  latter part ranges over speech acts, so-called "information
structure" in sentences, discourse relations, Gricean maxims, implicatures, etc.    (01)

Thanks,
Leo    (02)